There is nothing more refreshing and summery than homemade lemonade! I thought for this week’s popsicle of the week I would try a twist on lemonade and made pink lemonade popsicles! For my ‘pink’ flavour I used raspberries but strawberries can be used as well (and you can add vodka if you want to make your lemonade ‘hard’). My recipe for today makes 10 popsicles so for a small mold you will have some refreshing pink lemonade left over to drink or use later for more popsicles. Hope you enjoy this classic summer recipe!
- 3 Lemons
- Popsicle mold
- Juicer or Fork
20minutes to prep the mixture, 3 hours in the freezer
- Cut 3 lemons in half for easy juicing.
- Juice all lemon halfs. I used a fork to juice mine by simply stabbing a lemon half a few times and then squeezing the lemon while rotating the fork over a bowl.
*You can use a plastic juicer or a mechanical one if you want to save some time.
- Strain the juice mixture to remove seeds and pulp.
- Add lemon juice to blender and then add 2 cups of water.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar and blend on low until sugar is dissolved.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of raspberries and add to blender. Blend until raspberries are incorporated to lemonade.
- Now taste your pink lemonade and add additional water, sugar or raspberries to taste.
*I like mine very sour but found I needed a little extra water and sugar after adding in raspberries. It’s all about prefrence and I’d add advise adding one ingredient at a time and retasting so as to have as much control over the end result.
- Add to mold!
- Clean top of mold and add lid and popscile sticks.
- Put in freezer for 3 hours.
I loved these pink lemonade popsicles and they were exactly what I need with the high temperatures in Montreal. They are the prefect summer popsicle and because they are all liquid they do a great job at quenching my thirst. I made mine very sour which I love (and so does Victor) but it’s really up to you if you want them to be sweet or sour. I’d highly suggest making these and you can even use this recipe to make just regular pink lemonade! Let me know if you made these in the comments.