As it’s the last day of 2014, I wanted to look back at the year and put together a collection of what I’ve done and new experiences I’ve had. I did this last year too and it was really fun to do so I hope you enjoy it as well. Although I think 2013 was a much more exciting year for me this year was definitely a turning point. I’ve started so many projects and explored so many different art ideas I almost feel like I haven’t had time to relax in the last 6 months. The best thing about that is I feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface of what I’ve wanted to do which means 2015 will hopefully be filled with projects and I can expand on what I’ve been doing. Personally besides my projects, the last half of the year has really been tough for me as I realized there are a lot of areas of my life that I’m not happy with. In general coming to terms with this being my last year of being 20 (ugh). I feel in need of some soul searching in 2015 but for this year I….
- Toronto – My yearly visit to Derek on his birthday despite the snow. Polaroids of the trip, here
- Sandbanks Provincial Park – First in the summer on a road trip with Zara and again later for a camping trip in fall. Instax photos and Polaroids, here and here.
- Peterborough, Ontario – Visiting my long time friend Sarah who moved there a year ago. Hadn’t seen her in years, photos from the trip, here and here.
This year was not a big year for travelling. I hope 2015 is different as I’d love to get outta Canada. My passport expired in Spring and Victor is still working on getting his citizenship so there are a few hurdles to cross. I am excited to see what 2015 will bring, and both me and Victor are starting to realize one of us needs to learn to drive because we don’t like being city bound all the time.
- My Instax Mini 90 – the amount of photos I’ve taken with this guy in the last 6 months….
- Aphex Twin “Syro” – my album of the year, Victor picked it up on vinyl for Christmas and I can’t wait to hear it through the studio speakers
- This year’s iteration of lavender hair
- Vintage slides – DIY project here, and here and some of my collection, here and here
- The Canada Malting Silos – I’ve made several bike rides down to the silos this summer and taken Polaroids photos of it, here and outside photos, here. I’ve been in the building twice as well but haven’t shared the photos of those adventures yet…
- Zines, can’t wait to show you my growing collection and I’m hoping to make my own in the New Year
- My art wall, have you seen my art wall it’s a thing of beauty:
It goes without saying that I also am still madly in love with Victor. Our anniversary is actually on New Year’s at 2am. So shout out to him for sticking around this long, 5 years feels like a lifetime to me. I’m one of those people who is constantly moving and changing so it’s crazy to think I not only found the right guy so easily but that we keep managing to have a relationship with love, trust, excitement and still find time to challenge each other and support each other endlessly.
- Climbed the Malting Silos and reached the top. Video and photo of me above the silos, here.
- #mtlcrane where I decorate Montreal in origami cranes. Will be doing this again next year, follow me on Instagram for updates. Also shared a few of my favourite locations, here and here.
- Swam in my first Great Lake. Visited Sandbanks Beach on Lake Ontario twice this year to go swimming. The first time was the best as it was a windy day and the waves were high, reminded me of the ocean.
- Did my first “What’s in My Bike Basket?” post
- Shot Starchild Stela doing her “Jem and the Holograms” piece, photos here
- Visited the Omipac Building before it was torn down this Fall. I was introduced to this locally famous abandoned parking lot while shooting Starchild Stela. I went back another time with my friend Zara as well before it was torn down as well. Sad to see it go. Photos of it here, and here.
- Started collecting vintage puzzles.
- Started a 52 Weeks of Self-Portrait project(will finish in March 2015, posts here)
- Was apart of the Montreal Expozine, very last minute thing that happened but I am hoping to be apart of it again next year and have a ton of photography zines to sell.
- completed a 365 Challenge
- received over 3,800 notes on Tumblr for a photography of my hair which is kind of insane to me
- taught myself how to press flowers
- was apart of a few craft fairs and even sold a few of my photography postcards!
- several DIY projects I’ve always wanted to do and found new ones to challenge myself (links here to them)
- placed over 250 cranes around Montreal
- painted all the rooms in my house
- managed not to kill all my plants (might have killed a few)
Added to my Collection:
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 90
- Juice Box camera
- Golden Half: Hello Kitty Edition
- Sprocket Rocket
- La Sardina: Domino Edition
- Agfa PD 16 Clipper
- Polaroid Super Shooter Plus
- Imperial Mark XII Flash
- Polaroid Land 80A
If you want to have a look at my complete toy camera collection, here it is! I’ll be doing a complete vintage camera collection sometime in the New Year as well. At this point I really want to use each camera more before acquiring anymore unless it’s a really unique camera that I don’t have.
I am excited for 2015, hope you are too and that you have a great New Year’s.